Ex-Prince Andrew out of police custody as investigation into Epstein ties continues
Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor has been released from police custody after his arrest on suspicion of misconduct in public office. He has not been charged in the case, so far.
Police confirmed that the search being conducted in Norfolk, where Mountbatten-Windsor currently lives, has concluded. Meanwhile, searches in Berkshire, where his longtime home at the Royal Lodge was, remain underway.
What we know about the investigation
Mountbatten-Windsor is being investigated over allegations that he shared confidential information with convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein while he was serving as the U.K.’s trade envoy.
As part of its mandate to release all the Epstein files it has, the Department of Justice made public emails that appear to show former Prince Andrew sharing reports on official trade visits with Epstein in 2010. One email showed that Mountbatten-Windsor shared it with Epstein just five minutes after receiving it.
Thames Valley Police have also said they’re investigating new allegations that Epstein flew a second woman to the U.K. for a sexual encounter with Mountbatten-Windsor in 2010. BBC reports the alleged encounter took place at Royal Lodge.
Mountbatten-Windsor has previously denied that he still had ties with Epstein after he was convicted in 2008, except for a visit to New York in 2010 to end their relationship. He has also long denied any wrongdoing in connection to Epstein.
It is not yet clear which allegations the arrest relates to.
If Mountbatten-Windsor is charged and convicted, misconduct in public office carries a maximum sentence of life imprisonment in the U.K.
Royal response
Mountbatten-Windsor’s brother, King Charles II, said in a statement that he’s supporting the investigation. He’s calling for it to be “full, fair and proper.”
“Let me state clearly: the law must take its course,” the statement read. It also said the investigation will have “our full and wholehearted support and co-operation.”
The statement was signed “Meanwhile, he added, “my family and I will continue in our duty and service to you all. NBC News noted that King Charles does not usually sign his name to statements about his brother.
Prince William and Princess Kate are reportedly supporting the king’s statement.
“I can confirm the prince and princess have been deeply concerned by the continuing revelations,” a palace spokesperson said. “Their thoughts remain focused on the victims.”

This story is featured in today’s Unbiased Updates. Watch the full episode here.
What American lawmakers are saying
Mountbatten-Windsor’s arrest has American lawmakers calling for more legal consequences for those tied to Epstein here in the U.S.
In an interview with Fox News Thursday, Sen. Rick Scott, R-Fla., was asked whether he believed Mountbatten-Windsor should stand trial in the U.S.
“If he’s violated American law, absolutely,” Scott said.
He added, that people who “violate the law, you should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.”
“It’s as simple as that,” Scott said. “It’s despicable what Epstein did. I can’t imagine these people who had relationships with Epstein, especially after he was convicted the first time, and they kept their relationship.”
California Rep. Robert Garcia told the New York Times, “Oversight Democrats called for Mountbatten-Windsor to come clean about his ties to Epstein months ago, and Britain is now holding him accountable with this arrest. Now it’s time for the United States to end this White House cover-up.”
In a social media post, Rep. Melanie Stansbury, D-N.M., accused President Donald Trump and the DOJ of being “engaged in a cover-up, refusing to investigate crimes that have been buried for decades.”
In a separate post, she said, “If a Prince can be held accountable, so can a President.”
Rep. James Comer, R-Kent., praised the DOJ’s transparency.
“There must be accountability for anyone who was involved in Jeffrey Epstein’s horrific crimes. The Justice Department’s transparency is ensuring that no one is above the law — even British royalty,” Comer told the New York Times.
President Trump also weighed in, telling reporters on Air Force One on Thursday Mountbatten-Windsor’s arrest is a “shame.”
“I think it’s very sad,” he said. “I think it’s so bad for the royal family. It’s very, very sad. To me, it’s a very sad thing.”
The post Ex-Prince Andrew out of police custody as investigation into Epstein ties continues appeared first on Straight Arrow News.
