Hawaii man pleads guilty to threatening Michigan Capitol attack

0
Clear media

A Hawaii man has pleaded guilty to threatening a mass shooting at the Michigan State Capitol and the killing of Gov. Gretchen Whitmer, according to federal prosecutors.

Ronald Saville, 49, of Honolulu, pleaded guilty in federal court in Hawaii on Tuesday to sending interstate communications containing threats. He faces up to five years in prison, a fine of up to $250,000 and supervised release.

Saville admitted that he emailed the Michigan State Police on May 9, identifying himself and threatening to enter the State Capitol in Lansing, Michigan with an AR-15-style rifle and kill as many people as possible.

“I mean what I say. I’m not a joke,” Saville wrote, according to his plea agreement.

A short time later, Saville emailed Whitmer and said Lansing would “never gonna be the same again.” He threatened to enter the State Capitol, “shoot it up and kill as many people as possible,” before adding: “Then I’m coming for you.”

Saville called the FBI on May 12 and told an agent that he wanted to kill Whitmer because of her political affiliation. He said he had been researching a trip to Michigan and still intended to carry out the threats.

Investigators located Saville in Kailua on May 26. He admitted sending the emails and said he wanted to be taken seriously and noticed, according to prosecutors. Saville had previously been convicted in Hawaii for threatening former President George W. Bush and former U.S. District Judge Susan Oki Mollway.

The post Hawaii man pleads guilty to threatening Michigan Capitol attack appeared first on BNO News.

Ella Rae Greene, Editor In Chief

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *