U.S. strike in Eastern Pacific kills 3 on alleged drug-trafficking vessel
A U.S. military strike on a suspected drug-trafficking vessel killed three people in the Eastern Pacific, according to Southern Command (SOUTHCOM).
The strike was carried out on Friday at the direction of SOUTHCOM commander Gen. Francis L. Donovan and targeted a vessel the military said was operated by a Designated Terrorist Organization, the command said in a statement.
“Intelligence confirmed the vessel was transiting along known narco-trafficking routes in the Eastern Pacific and was engaged in narco-trafficking operations,” SOUTHCOM added.
The three men killed were described by the military as “narco-terrorists.” SOUTHCOM said no U.S. personnel were injured.
The strike was conducted as part of Southern Spear, a campaign launched in September to target vessels allegedly linked to designated terrorist organizations involved in drug trafficking across the Caribbean and Eastern Pacific.
Since the campaign began, at least 44 vessels have been struck, resulting in 143 deaths. Of those vessels, 31 were operating in the Pacific and 13 in the Caribbean.
Earlier this week, SOUTHCOM reported separate strikes in the Eastern Pacific and the Caribbean targeting three vessels. Eleven people were killed in those operations.
On Feb. 20, at the direction of #SOUTHCOM commander Gen. Francis L. Donovan, Joint Task Force Southern Spear conducted a lethal kinetic strike on a vessel operated by Designated Terrorist Organizations. Intelligence confirmed the vessel was transiting along known… pic.twitter.com/PzWQFfNgHm
— U.S. Southern Command (@Southcom) February 21, 2026
The post U.S. strike in Eastern Pacific kills 3 on alleged drug-trafficking vessel appeared first on BNO News.