Mexico border state says no FBI request received in Nancy Guthrie kidnapping case

0
Clear media

Authorities in the Mexican state of Sonora say they have not received any formal request from U.S. officials to assist in the kidnapping investigation of Nancy Guthrie, after a U.S. media report said the FBI had contacted Mexican authorities.

The Sonora State Prosecutor’s Office said Wednesday that it has not received any official request for collaboration, assistance or exchange of information from U.S. authorities or from Mexico’s federal government. Sonora shares the border with Arizona.

Fox News Digital reported earlier on Wednesday that the FBI had reached out to Mexican authorities in connection with the case, following speculation that Guthrie may have been taken across the border.

On Tuesday, Pima County Sheriff Chris Nanos told Fox News that authorities do not believe Guthrie was taken to Mexico.

Guthrie, 84, the mother of NBC “Today” co-anchor Savannah Guthrie, was abducted from her home in the Catalina Foothills area near Tucson, Arizona, earlier this month.

The FBI released images of a masked individual seen at Guthrie’s front door the night she was abducted. Authorities have described the suspect as a man carrying a black Ozark Trail Hiker Pack backpack and wearing a handgun holster.

The FBI has offered a reward of up to $100,000 for information leading to Guthrie’s recovery or to the arrest and conviction of those responsible.

The post Mexico border state says no FBI request received in Nancy Guthrie kidnapping case appeared first on BNO News.

Ella Rae Greene, Editor In Chief

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *